[mapserver-users] qstring validation question

John B. Churchill jchurchill at al.umces.edu
Tue Sep 16 16:56:01 EDT 2008

Steve Lime wrote:
> JohN: It's given as a regex in the layer metadata:
>
>   'qstring_validation_pattern'    '^[0-9]{1,2}$'
>
> This one limits the qstring to a 1 or 2 digit integer.
>
> Steve

Thanks Steve ... I actually got this working by looking through old
archived [mapserver-users] e-mails.  I found one where someone showed an
example of this with layer metadata in the MAP file like this ...

METADATA
    qstring_validation_pattern '.'
END

Which got everything working for me.  If I don't hear anything else
about this, I'll assume what I did is Ok.  If that is poor form or will
cause problems down the line I'll do it as you've specified above with a
more complicated regex (if theres any reason to do so).  I assume this
was done for security ?  The pattern matched (in my application) can be
pretty variable.

Thanks,

J.B.