[mapserver-users] rfc43 gtile returning blank images, while WMS works

akrherz at iastate.edu akrherz at iastate.edu
Thu Sep 18 08:52:47 EDT 2008

On Tue, 9 Sep 2008, akrherz at iastate.edu wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Sep 2008, Paul Ramsey wrote:
>
>>  Nothing leaps out. Are you sure they are equivalent? Zoom level two is
>>  pretty far out, do you have scale dependency in that layer?
>
> Hi Paul, thanks for the response.  I choose a far out zoom level to ensure
> there is data in the view for folks to see.  When I run the gtile request,
> mapserver logs the bounding box, which I then fed to build the WMS request.
> My scale setting for that layer is:
>
>   MINSCALE 0
>   MAXSCALE 465000000
>
> My RASTER datasource layers is already projected in 900913...

Thanks to some generous help offline from Paul, he discovered that my
MAXSCALE was not large enough for the GTile requests, but for some reason
worked with the WMS 900913 requests.  Shrug.  Anyway, I bumped my MAXSCALE
up by a factor of 1,000,000 and now the GTile images work. Good enough for
me! :)

daryl