[mapserver-users] Using Fast CGI with MapServer to alleviatepoor performance

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Fri Sep 19 13:52:39 EDT 2008

Has anyone thought of using SQLite internally in mapserver for say
storing the EPSG file in an indexed table for faster access. We could
have a utility that would read the epsg text file and create the table
for maintenance purposes.

SQLite has some other interesting possibilities if you combine it with
SpatiaLite which has most all of PostGIS support so you could have the
OpenSource Equivalent GeoDatabase, but that probably another thread.

-Steve W