[mapserver-users] Mapserver and GDB files

Dave Fuhry dfuhry at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 16:25:16 EDT 2008

That, and the sudden syntax changes, all to SQL compliance:
delimit fields with "field", not [field]
wildcards _ and %, not ? and *
UPPER and LOWER, not UCASE and LCASE

and newly supported SQL clauses which ESRI is doubtful to have gone to
extra lengths to implement:
SELECT DISTINCT
GROUP BY, ORDER BY
Correlated sub-queries
Select list expressions

Trivial for a full-fledged db, but atypical for a single-file
persistence & query system.

-Dave