[mapserver-users] OSX binaries update

Dane Springmeyer blake at hailmail.net
Tue Sep 23 19:26:21 EDT 2008

Hi William,

I just installed you new mapserver 5.2.0-2.dmg to test out python
mapscript.

I get an inconv error which is odd. Any ideas?

springmeyer:~ spring$ python
Python 2.5.1 (r251:54863, Jan 17 2008, 19:35:17)
 >>> import mapscript
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
   File "/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/mapscript.py", line 7, in
<module>
     import _mapscript
ImportError: dlopen(/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/_mapscript.so,
2): Symbol not found: _iconv
   Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework/Versions/1.5/
Libraries/libpq.dylib
   Expected in: /usr/local/lib/libiconv.2.dylib

Thanks,

Dane