[mapserver-users] Creation of continuous color ramp legends [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Roppola, Antti - BRS Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au
Thu Sep 25 23:58:45 EDT 2008

I used GIMP to create visually pleasing colour ramps and somehow (it was a while ago) exported/embedded them in TIFF files as colour maps (I think). The legend was colour chips for key breakpoints in the gradients I defined and to hold the legend I created a bogus layer in the same group as the TIFF.

Sorry if this is vague or incorrect, it was a few years ago now...

Antti