[mapserver-users] Points with hyperlinks

Bob Basques Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Fri Sep 26 08:18:39 EDT 2008

Matej,

I'm copying this reply to the GeoMoose Mail list.

Are you interested in working the process as a pick option or query service, where you pick a point on the map and the server responds with a new window containing the link, or do you want to use a Imagemap, where all the links available for a particular view are downloaded at once and you can open up a new window by picking from active areas in the map?

GeoMoose can go both ways.   I use the ImageMap process quite extensively, since I can send some basic metadata like info down to the client in short form, and let the user decide it they want to see more.  I can also include more than on link this way and let the user decide which they want to open up.

The Query Service is good though if you know you are always going to want to look at the result in a new page no matter what.

bobb

>>> "Matej" <matej at matnet.net> 09/26/08 4:52 AM >>>
Hello,

thanks everyone for help and suggestions so far ... I am using GeoMoose as a
client and I have some problems implementing it. Does someone have a working
XML Mapbook code snippet for "including" mapfiles into the GeoMoose? It
works directly when I call mapserv from URL anyway ...

Thanks everyone,
Matej Serc
matej at matnet.net