[mapserver-users] java mapscript + postgis = query use pixel map's limits

Ludovico Bianchini metlud at yahoo.it
Sun Sep 28 05:45:09 EDT 2008

- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Postgres 8.1
- jvm 1.6.0
- jboss 4.0.3SP1, tomcat 5.5
- struts2
- ms4w 2.3.0 (mapscript.jar, mapscript.dll, all other dlls taken from this pack)
- postgresql-8.2-505.jdbc4.jar

The query created to extract postgis layer is of the type

SELECT asbinary(force_collection(force_2d(posizionegeoref)),'NDR') from rilievi.impianti where posizionegeoref && setSRID('BOX3D(0 0,599 399)'::BOX3D, find_srid('','rilievi.impianti','posizionegeoref') );

The BOX3D filter is created using pixel map's limits...(  BOX3D(0 0,599 399)  ) why this?

I use setExtent() before draw(), all navigation operations work fine, why is the query build against the pixel
dimensions of the resulting image and not against the real dimensions calculated for the rectangle?

Perhaps I am missing some basic instructions, but I don't know what...

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Ludovico