[mapserver-users] How to get my Browser to open a Mapserver map with outputformat=pdf?

Robert Sanson SansonR at asurequality.com
Mon Sep 29 16:34:28 EDT 2008

I have a Map file with and Outputformat = PDF defined:

OUTPUTFORMAT
  NAME pdf
  MIMETYPE "application/x-pdf"
  IMAGEMODE RGBA
  DRIVER pdf
  EXTENSION "pdf"
  FORMATOPTION "TRANSPARENT=ON"
  TRANSPARENT ON
  #FORMATOPTION "OUTPUT_TYPE=RASTER" ##not mandatory
 END

I call the map by sending a URL from OpenLayers:

http://10.65.192.1/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=/ms4w/apps/service/gsstmpdf.map&mode=map&layers=nz50ktm+main_gates&MINX=1471766&MINY=5119253&MAXX=1475952&MAXY=5123406&mapsize=1200+1200&map.outputformat=pdf

Just wondering how I can get the Browser to automatically open the returned PDF in a new window, as the file returned from Mapserver is called mapserv.exe?

At the moment I have to download it to disk, then change its name to a PDF extension, then open it with Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Many thanks,

Robert
The contents of this email are confidential to AsureQuality. If you have received this communication in error please notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachments. The opinions expressed in this email are not necessarily those of AsureQuality. This message has been scanned for known viruses before delivery. AsureQuality supports the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007. If you do not wish to receive similar communications in future, please notify the sender of this message.