[mapserver-users] Querying troubles on MapServer/MapScript 5.0.3-3

Carlos Cuello el.carly at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 15:20:12 EDT 2009

Hi!, bare with me if my english is not too good...my native language is
spanish actually.
I'm using pmapper (maybe some of you already know it) with MapScript 5.0.3-3
on a Debian Lenny.
And I'm having some troubles with the Search that implements using the
Querying of MapServer.
I've already posted on pmapper mailing list, and the main developer exchange
some pointers with me, told me that he believed was a problem with mapserver
and then told me:
*"why don't you prepare a simple Mapscript script for the query like the one
I sent you together with a test dataset and mention this problem on the
mapserver mailing list. If someone wants to analyze this further you could
send him the script and dataset"*
so here I am...i've already made the test dataset, so if anyone is
interested on giving me a hand i could send you the .rar file and you try to
execute and told me the results.
Because the problem that I'm having is that the query only returns results
if the search string is written EXACTLY as it is on the data of the
layer...for example if i want to search for a street i must put SAAVEDRA i
cannot put Saavedra or saavedra, or no results will be return.
If anyone have any tips, ideas or pointers it would be appreciated.
Best regards

Carlos