[mapserver-users] Layer scale problem with Mercator (EPSG:900913)

paalkr pal.kristensen at statkart.no
Thu Apr 2 10:42:04 EDT 2009

Hi!

Theres seems like there are some troubles with layers at different scales when requesting a map in EPSG:900913). I have set up the mapfile in EPSG:32633 (WGS84, UTM zone 33), and all the layers are as well sett to be in EPSG:32633. When requesting maps in in UTM zone 31 to 36 the layers switches at the right scales. The scale intervals could be is like this:

LAYER 1
   MINSCALE 2000000

LAYER 2
   MAXSCALE 2000000
   MINSCALE 800000

LAYER 3
   MAXSCALE 800000
   MINSCALE 100000

LAYER 4
   MAXSCALE 100000

When requesting a map covering approx the same area (see attached images), different layers are turned on in mapserver (shows as different level of detail in the maps).

Is there a workaround for this? I guess that the issue has something to do with how scales are calculated in mapserver.

PS! The same issue is present when requesting maps in geographic coordinate systems like EPSG:4326. The maps are generated with WMS GetMap requests.

UTM33

Mercator

-----

Regards,