[mapserver-users] hiow can i convert mapinfo workspace to mapserver mapfile?

Andrew Williams AWilliams at rapidmap.com
Mon Apr 6 01:58:08 EDT 2009

The MBX is a Mapinfo\Mapbasic Executable.

If you don't have Mapinfo nothing is going to work.

Not knowing the exact methodology behind the code it's hard to know what to do next. You could try just double clicking the MBX and see what happens. I would expect Mapinfo to start and then a dialog asking which Workspace you'd like to convert is located.

Alternatively start Mapinfo and go to the Tools menu and select Run Mapbasic Program and then select the wor2map.mbx. This will either create a new menu item or pop up a dialog, again asking where the workspace is you wish to convert.

Hope this helps.