[mapserver-users] When or if OGR can support ESRI file geodatabase?

Fawcett, David David.Fawcett at state.mn.us
Mon Apr 6 10:20:44 EDT 2009

Doubtful.  I am guessing that he is referring to their newer file
geodatabase.
http://webhelp.esri.com/arcgisdesktop/9.3/index.cfm?TopicName=Types_of_g
eodatabases

The format is proprietary, but ESRI keeps saying that their intention is
to open it.  The latest info from them is that it will be available at
version 9.4.  I am guessing that this is a strategic decision rather
than a technical one.

Of course, I have seen at least one ESRI File Geodatabase Team member on
the FWTools list (on an unrelated topic)...

David.