[mapserver-users] fcgi x64 fault on WFS layer

joncoign jncoign at Knology.net
Fri Apr 10 17:35:29 EDT 2009

I assume you're using the x64 version of the SDK when compiling for Win64 by
using the Visual Studio x64 command prompt, but make sure all of the
binaries in the /bin directory are also deployed along with mapserv.exe. The
dll-s in the different packages are not interchangeable because of the
different CRT dependencies.

Could you provide the steps to setup your test case with your sample URLs so
as to reproduce the problem?

Best regards,

Tamas

I am new to building mapserver so it is possible I made a mistake in my build. To be certain I created a clean folder and rebuilt mapserver using the files extracted from the release-1500-x64-dev.zip file (4/9/2009). I opened the x64 VS prompt and ran

nmake gdal
nmake ms

I then copied all (18) of the dlls files from \release-1500-x64\bin\ to the cgi-bin folder and then copied mapserv.exe from \release-1500-x64\bin\ms\apps to the cgi-bin folder.

The only other file in the cgi-bin folder is the web.config file needed to configure fast-cgi on IIS 7

When I run a WFS layer with more than five columns I get:

HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error
F:\MapServer\cgi-bin\mapserv.exe - The FastCGI process exited unexpectedly
Error Code 0xc0000374

The mapfile layer definition is:
LAYER
    NAME "Hospital"
    CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
    CONNECTION "<OGRVRTDataSource>
                    <OGRVRTLayer name='maps_Hospital'>
                         <SrcDataSource>ODBC:Maps,JNCTest</SrcDataSource>
                        <SrcSQL>
                            EXEC dbo.MappingGetJNCTest %BBOX%
                        </SrcSQL>
                        <FID>ID</FID>
                        <GeometryType>wkbPoint</GeometryType>
                        <GeometryField encoding='WKB' field='the_geom' />
                    </OGRVRTLayer>
                </OGRVRTDataSource>"
    DATA "maps_Hospital"
    DUMP TRUE
    #PROCESSING "CLOSE_CONNECTION=DEFER"
    TYPE point
    METADATA
		wfs_extent "-180 -90 180 90"
        gml_featureid "ID"
        gml_include_items "all"
        gml_exclude_items "the_geom"
    END
END

The stored procedure definition that does not work is:
ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[MappingGetJNCTest]
	@X1 float,
	@Y1 float,
	@X2 float,
	@Y2 float
AS
BEGIN
	SET NOCOUNT ON;

	SELECT	ID, the_geom.STAsBinary() as the_geom, 'Images/hospital.jpg' As ImgIcon, 15 AS ImgIconX, 15 AS ImgIconY, Name
	FROM JNCTest

END

The following works:
ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[MappingGetJNCTest]
	@X1 float,
	@Y1 float,
	@X2 float,
	@Y2 float
AS
BEGIN
	SET NOCOUNT ON;

	SELECT	ID, the_geom.STAsBinary() as the_geom, 'Images/hospital.jpg' As ImgIcon, 15 AS ImgIconX, 15 AS ImgIconY
	FROM JNCTest

END

Note there does not appear to be anything special about the Name field. I have tried reordering columns and reproduced on other procedures that initial worked by adding other constant values as additional columns to exceed a column count of 5. It also does not appear to make any difference if the extra columns are included in the GML (I have removed gml_include_items "all" and tried to output fewer columns with not change). All tests worked on the 32 bit version.

The WFS request URL is:
http://mapserver/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=f:/mapserver/maps/WFSTest.map&typename=Hospital&maxfeatures=200&SERVICE=WFS&VERSION=1.0.0&REQUEST=GetFeature&SRS=EPSG%3A4326&BBOX=-67.64596191401315,17.434709503474547,-65.17403808598685,18.99999999999999

I do not have an external URL that reproduces the issue.

I also have verified this against both a SQL Server 2005 w/msSqlSpatial and SQL Server 2008 database as I initially thought it might be a SQL 2008 issue as I am experiencing several of those.

If you see any errors in my build steps please let me know and I will rebuild and repeat my tests.

Thanks,
Jon