[mapserver-users] queryByAttributes on oracle spatial layer

Murty Maganti MMaganti at oriongis.com
Mon Apr 13 17:28:26 EDT 2009

Hi

I am doing a query on a oracle spatial layers. When I loop through the
result set to retrieve field value, using layerObj.getFeature() method,
it is terribly slow.  What I see from the log files is that a separate
database query with unique id column value is fired to oracle for each
getFeature call. This will definitely slows down. If I have 10,000
results, then 10,000 database queries are getting fired to retrieve the
field values. Is there is a way to avoid this. Is there any setting or
API that will prevent so many separate queries fired and retrieve field
values with first query itself.

Thanks

Murty