[mapserver-users] SV: Use of a Colortable

Peter Rose peter_rose at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 16 12:09:44 EDT 2009

Hi
I have a MapServer connected to a MySQL server via PHP/MapScript based on the example in Bill Kropla’s book ‘Beginning MapServer Open Source GIS Develpment’, chapter 9.
My data is therefore stored on the MySQL server and displayed as points in MapServer based on the queries I give it.

I really like the method Espen suggested as I wouldn't have to change my database.
However, I can't get the EXPRESSION to work like Espen suggested.

I think it might be because I use MySQL and not postgis but I don't know?

Do any of you know what I can do to run an EXPRESSION against a value read from MySQL?

Thanks for any suggestion.
Peter