[mapserver-users] Painting outside a polygon.

Ernesto Barrera ebarrera at inm.es
Mon Apr 20 09:41:51 EDT 2009

Hi there,

I'm dealing with a layer containing polygon data for a given country
(shapefile).
Color inside the polygon can be easily set via COLOR style parameter.
I'm just looking for a way to apply color to the outside of the polygon
(i.e.:, paint the surrounding sea in solid blue)

Is there such a method inside Mapserver?
Is there a way to 'reverse' the shapefile to indicate that the wanted
feature is not inside the boudaries but the complementary area?

Thanks in advance,

PD.: My single layer is like this

LAYER
  NAME        mycountry
  DATA         mycountry.shp
  TYPE         POLYGON
  STATUS ON
    CLASS
      NAME       "boundaries"
      STYLE
        COLOR        255 0 0   # country area shown in red
      END
    END
END