[mapserver-users] python mapscript AGG problem

dzizes dzizes451 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 05:52:56 EDT 2009

HEllo!

I've compiled mapserver against AGG on linux. My web application that works
with mapserver renders nice images with the use of AGG library.

/usr/lib/cgi-bin$ ./mapserv -v
MapServer version 5.2.2 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=AGG SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=ICONV
SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=FASTCGI
SUPPORTS=THREADS INPUT=TIFF INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=ORACLESPATIAL INPUT=OGR
INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

However, when I try to open simple mapfile with mapscript - python craches.

Python 2.5.2 (r252:60911, Jul 31 2008, 17:28:52)
>>> import mapscript
>>> m = mapscript.mapObj('/tmp/test.map')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/mapscript.py", line 1267, in
__init__
    this = _mapscript.new_mapObj(*args)
_mapscript.MapServerError: loadOutputFormat(): General error message.
OUTPUTFORMAT clause references driver AGG/PNG, but this driver isn't
configured.

 # mapfile output specification
 OUTPUTFORMAT
                NAME png