[mapserver-users] msLoadMap() Unable to access file

jchampagne2 valiantheart at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 21 17:40:12 EDT 2009

I'm having similar difficulty with this ubiquitous demo. The offending part
of my index.html file:
"
function configure() {
			  var template =
document.demo.template.options[document.demo.template.selectedIndex].value;

        // EDIT THE NEXT 2 LINES TO MATCH YOUR SETUP
        var snippet = "IMAGEPATH '/osgeo4w/tmp/ms_tmp";
        snippet += " IMAGEURL '/tmp/'";
        snippet += " TEMPLATE " + template;
        document.demo.map_web.value = snippet;

        if(template.indexOf("frame") != -1) document.demo.action =
"frames.html";
        if(template.indexOf("dhtml") != -1) document.demo.action =
"frames_dhtml.html";
      }
"
I think I'm a little confused about the what the variable represents. This
is the path which tells the browser where to find the image that's generated
by MapServer, right? My Mapserver installation directory is "C:\OSGeo4W\" .
So \tmp\ms_tmp is where the map images are stored? I've searched the forums
for an answer, and I'm further confused by the fact that some of hte CGI
variables appear to require absolute file-paths while others like this one
only seem to need path from the web root. Cheers!

Hello,

There were changes in MapServer 5.0 in the way CGI variables are
passed...so you might try to replace that "map_web_imagepath" line in
your hello.html with something like:

	<input type="hidden" name="map_web" value="imagepath /ms4w/tmp/
ms_tmp/ imageurl /ms_tmp/">

-jeff