[mapserver-users] mapserver error

Pano pvoudouris at gaiocorp.com
Fri Apr 24 06:42:46 EDT 2009

Hi Iratxe,
Unfortunately I know very little about CentOS. Just a windows guy me :-) But
let me try:
Is it possible that you have multiple Oracle Homes setup? And sqlplus is
using the home where oracle server is installed whereas mapserver is using
another (oracle client?) home which does not have the tnsnames setup
correctly? In a windows setup i would first check the PATH environment
variable. If the oracle client install is the first on the list then this is
what mapserver would use. You mention a path
/usr/lib/oracle/10.2.0.3/client- does this folder also contains a
network\admin\tnsnames.ora file? Maybe this is the one you need to change
(again maybe talking complete rubish here as on idea abt this OS)

Finally- another idea just to make sure its not a WFS problem. Are you able
to get an image by simply using cgi-bin e.g.
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserve?map=...,&mode=map etc??

Pano