[mapserver-users] MapServer with RHEL5

Russell McOrmond russell at flora.ca
Fri Apr 24 09:27:21 EDT 2009

On Mon, 20 Apr 2009, Russell McOrmond wrote:

>  The problem appears to be that this return code is not checked, and in many
> cases the value is assumed to be a pointer to a string.  If that NULL is then
> used in a manipulation (say, a strdup()) then the program will core dump.  We
> never get to see the error string as the core dump happens before the error
> string is written to the error log.

   In case anyone else wants to track or help with this, I've filed this
bug:

   It will be interesting to find out if any of the other problems people
are experiencing with expressions turn out to be a problem with not
checking error returns from string manipulation functions.

  Please help us tell the Canadian Parliament to protect our property
  rights as owners of Information Technology. Sign the petition!
  http://digital-copyright.ca/petition/ict/     http://KillBillC61.ca

   manufacturers, can pry control over my camcorder, computer,
   home theatre, or portable media player from my cold dead hands!"