[mapserver-users] How to link Oracle attributes to SHAPEFILE

Pedro Briones García pbg at tragsa.es
Tue Apr 28 02:41:15 EDT 2009

Hello.

I'm working with Oracle 10g and MapServer 5.2. My geographic layers are SHAPEFILES and the attributes of SHAPEFILES are stored in Oracle 10g (NOT Oracle Spatial or Locator)

I need to link (or join) SHAPEFILES with attribute (NOT spatial) tables to do 3 things:

-        Draw only elements of SHAPEFILE that are related with some records in Oracle. A record (polygon, for example) in the SHAPEFILE should only draw if is related with a record in Oracle (they both have a common column).
-        Make a thematic map wich classifications depending on the values of Oracle records.
-        Draw only elements of SHAPEFILE that meet an Oracle condition

I have found lots of examples of layers wich both, geometry and attribtes, in Oracle; or layers in Oracle Spatial, but none of how to link and use a SHAPEFILE with Oracle (not spatial).

I too would like to do the same of the aforementioned, but in this case with DBF files instead of Oracle tables. I have seen an example in the documentation, but I don't know distinguish SHAPEFILES and the DBF files in the sentence.

Please, could somebody send me an example to easily understand this?

Thanks in advance.

Pedro Briones García

TRAGSATEC