[mapserver-users] How to link Oracle attributes to SHAPEFILE

Roald de Wit roald.dewit at lisasoft.com
Tue Apr 28 02:59:47 EDT 2009

Hi Pedro,

A number of years ago i had a situation like you describe below. The
solution we chose was:
- Create a postgresql/postgis datawarehouse
- Import shapefiles into postgis (shp2psql or ogr2ogr)
- Import attribute info from oracle into postgresql (we needed a
commercial license for converting Oracle to Postgresql)
- Either create a view or merge tables to join the geometry and
attribute info
- Serve the lot through MapServer WFS/WMS

I hope this helps.

Regards, Roald

--
Roald de Wit
Software Engineer
roald.dewit at lisasoft.com

Commercial Support for Open Source GIS Software
http://lisasoft.com/LISAsoft/SupportedProducts/

The contents of this email are confidential and may be subject to legal or professional privilege and copyright. No representation is made that this email is free of viruses or other defects. If you have received this communication in error, you may not copy or distribute any part of it or otherwise disclose its contents to anyone. Please advise the sender of your incorrect receipt of this correspondence.