[mapserver-users] C# connectiontype issue

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Apr 28 13:01:59 EDT 2009

> I have a raster layer in map file. When I load the map file using C# map
> script, at run time it shows layerObj.connectiontype as
> ‘MS_CONNECTION_TYPE.MS_SHAPEFILE’ though it is raster image. Is there
> any syntax error with my map file definition.  I need to know exactly
> whether it is a raster or vector layer in my application. Some logic in
> my application needs to handle them differently.
>

> This is the entry in map file
>

>   LAYER
>
>     DATA "14m_jpg_24bit.jpg"
>
>     NAME " 14m Jpg 24bit"
>
>     STATUS ON
>
>     TYPE RASTER
>
>     UNITS METERS
>
>   END

Murty,

I believe the connectiontype value is left to the default for raster
layers, which happens to be MS_SHAPEFILE.  The connectiontype does not
really apply for layers of type RASTER.

I think to distingish layer types properly you will need to examine both
the TYPE and CONNECTIONTYPE fields.

Best regards,