[mapserver-users] Outline on the roads label boxes

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Apr 28 13:23:04 EDT 2009

You can however, develop separate classes based on label length. You'd have different
symbols to handle wide text vs. narrow. For example:

LABELITEM 'myitem'
CLASS
  EXPRESSION (length('[myitem]') > 5) # use a really wide shield
  STYLE
    SYMBOL 'reallywideshield'
  END
END
CLASS
  EXPRESSION (length('[myitem]') > 3) # use a wide marker
  STYLE
    SYMBOL 'wideshield'
  END
END