[mapserver-users] MapServer webgis used too little capacity bandwidth

Alphatran bicphuongonline at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 7 22:31:43 EDT 2009

Andy Colson wrote:

> Its a little hard to read wrapped like that, but, looks to me like cpu
> is 100% idle.  Looks like you have an extra "st" column, I'm not sure
> what that is.
>
> With two clients, how was the response time?  You are not going to
> generate very much data, so you wont use very much network bandwidth.
>
> 200Mbps / 8 bits = 25 Meg per second, a mapfile is going to generate
> 10-20k, which is what, 1% of your bandwidth.  If response time on the
> client was ok, then I'm not sure what we are trying to solve.
>
> -Andy

Dear Andy,

Response time is very fast (in the status bar of Firefox, I see waiting then
tranfering then waiting ... very very fast) but it's too long to complete
any request (some tiles is not downloaded, very long to load WMS layer).
There's 1 tilecacle layer and 17 WMS layers.  Client requests much of data

As the first post, I want to increase download speed to complete any request
as fast as it can.