[mapserver-users] Providing multiple projection options for layers served through WCS

Dillabough, Craig Craig.Dillabough at AGR.GC.CA
Tue Aug 11 13:23:38 EDT 2009

I am using MapServer as a Web Coverage Server. The native projection of
my coverages is a rather obscure projection. I would like to provide the
option for clients to access that data in other more common projections.

>From what I've learned about WCS1.1.1 this should be possible. A
getCoverageDescription request can return among other things a
<SupportedCRS> which informs clients that coverages can be requested in
a projection other than the coverages native format.

Is this possible with MapServer?  If so can someone please give an
example of how to configure a .MAP file to allow this (or point me to
existing documentation on how to do this). Unfortunately, the secion on
SRS (CRS) '9.9.6' in the MapServer documentation is empty ... maybe it
was written by the same person who wrote the Geoserver WCS
documentation?

Thanks for any help.

Regards,
Craig Dillabaugh