[mapserver-users] Providing multiple projection options for layersserved through WCS

Dillabough, Craig Craig.Dillabough at AGR.GC.CA
Tue Aug 11 16:09:10 EDT 2009

Jukka,
Thank you. You are correct.

I was confused because I was reading from the OGC WCS 1.1.0 document it
seemed that the RESPONSE_CRS has been dropped.
However despite specifying version 1.1.0 as my version everything works
fine using RESPONSE_CRS as shown in the documentation for WCS 1.0.

Regards,
Craig

-----Original Message-----
From: Rahkonen Jukka [mailto:Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi]
Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2009 2:34 PM
To: Dillabough, Craig; mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: Re: [mapserver-users] Providing multiple projection options for
layersserved through WCS

Hi,

It should work out of the box.  Reading
http://www.mapserver.org/ogc/wcs_server.html?searchterm=wcs shows for
example this example:
The following are optional GetCoverage parameters according to the WCS
spec:

    RESPONSE_CRS=epsg_code: Coordinate Reference System in which to
express coverage responses.

So to follow our above examples, a valid DescribeCoverage request would
look like:

http://my.host.com/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=mywcs.map&SERVICE=wcs&VERSION=1.0
.0&REQUEST=GetCoverage

&coverage=bathymetry&CRS=EPSG:42304&BBOX=-2200000,-712631,3072800,384000
0
  &WIDTH=3199&HEIGHT=2833&FORMAT=GTiff

So all that is needed is to change the CRS and BBOX parameters in the
request.  In addition, on Mapserver side there must be a  PROJECTION
block in mapfile to tell Mapserver what is the native projection of
coverage data.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Dillabough, Craig wrote:

I am using MapServer as a Web Coverage Server. The native projection of
my coverages is a rather obscure projection. I would like to provide the
option for clients to access that data in other more common projections.

>From what I've learned about WCS1.1.1 this should be possible. A
getCoverageDescription request can return among other things a
<SupportedCRS> which informs clients that coverages can be requested in
a projection other than the coverages native format.

Is this possible with MapServer?  If so can someone please give an
example of how to configure a .MAP file to allow this (or point me to
existing documentation on how to do this). Unfortunately, the secion on
SRS (CRS) '9.9.6' in the MapServer documentation is empty ... maybe it
was written by the same person who wrote the Geoserver WCS
documentation?

Thanks for any help.

Regards,
Craig Dillabaugh