[mapserver-users] MapServer and SLD/SE

Alexander Reichelt alexander.reichelt at gmx.de
Tue Aug 11 18:45:59 EDT 2009

Hi there,

thank you for your fast answer.
Yes, the SE specification states that Rotation expects a number. The
angle attribute in my PostGIS has the type 'real' so its supposed to be
a number.
So I have the following questions:
- does the data type of the attribute cause the problem or
- does the expression <ogc:PropertyName>...</ogc:PropertyName> cause the
problem because MapServer doesn't support the access on a table
regarding Rotation and only works with a fix value in general?

Somewhere I have found a deprecated method for getting access on an
attribute (which didn't use PropertyName), I also tried this and it
didn't work. By the way, I'm using MapServer 5.4.
Before I condemn MapServer for not supporting the attribute binding for
Rotation: How could I check up if there's probably a type cast from a
'real' attribute of the PostGIS table to a 'string' attribute? Which
other data type could I try rather than 'real'?
Is there a way to track the exact request from MapServer to PostGIS and
back again?
Is there anyone who tried rotating via SLD/SE in combination with
attribute binding and not just via a fix value?

Bye
Alex

P.S. Thank you for opening the ticket on the TTF issue