[mapserver-users] WMS-GetFeatureInfo and EMPTY-mapfile-tag

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed Aug 12 09:02:21 EDT 2009

Stephan Holl wrote:
> Dear MapServers,
>
> can somebody put some light in the behaviour of the EMPTY-mapfile-tag
> in combination with WMS GetFeatureInfo-Requests?

Which version of MapServer are you using? Support for the EMPTY keyword
in WMS GetFeatureInfo was added only in v5.2 (ticket #546).

> Currently I cannot make it work with a valid HTML-template provided
> within the EMPTY-mapfile-tag and a request with info_format=text/html.

What do you get? An error message? A blank page? Something else?

What do you put in the EMPTY parameter? It should be a URL for a
redirect and not an actual template, see
http://mapserver.org/mapfile/web.html

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette