[mapserver-users] map not available over the Lan or internet

Adrian Popa adrian_gh.popa at romtelecom.ro
Wed Aug 12 09:43:10 EDT 2009

I forgot... windows automatically replaces IP addresses with hostnames
when hostnames are known. SubranilBasu is your hostname and it matches
your ip address 127.0.0.1.

The concept of listening on all/an interface is the following: when  you
start a server it can accept queries from all interfaces (it's listening
on ip1:8085, ip2:8085, 127.0.0.1:8085 - or a more compact way of writing
this is: 0.0.0.0:8085). The server can be started listening only on one
interface (for instance listening for queries on the loopback interface
127.0.0.1) - and it will not reply to queries that come on other interfaces.

This is what the Listen directive does in apache. I think that it should
be Listen 0.0.0.0:8085 if you want to enable the web server on all
interfaces (but I haven't checked).

Regards,
Adrian