[mapserver-users] How to Check if MapScript is Enabled?

Bill Thoen bthoen at gisnet.com
Wed Aug 19 14:42:24 EDT 2009

I want to take a look at dLegend in the dBox package but dBox (and
presumably dLegend)  requires either Perl or Python mapscript to be
installed with MapServer. I've forgotten how to check if, or which,
mapscript is installed. When I try ./mapserv -v from the cgi-bin
directory, mapscript isn't among the results, but I don't know if this
means it's not installed or if I need to use another method to determine
the mapscript availability. I probably wouldn't have installed a Perl
version and definitely wouldn't install a Python version because I don't
know these environments well. I don't remember if I tried the PHP
version., but I'm not finding any evidence that PHP mapscript is
installed either. I just want to know how to make sure what's in and
what's not.

I'd appreciate any suggestions you can offer.

Thanks,
- Bill Thoen