SV: [mapserver-users] Mapserver consuming Google Maps

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Wed Aug 26 09:49:25 EDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 09:04:59AM +0200, Niels-Peter Jensen wrote:
> Yes, it could be a violation of terms, but not if the copyright notice and
> links still is there - or am I wrong on that ?

You are wrong on that.

> At least, thats this is what the Openlayers community thinks.

That is incorrect. OpenLayers uses the Google Maps API -- we do not
use the tiles directly. We only access the Google Maps data through their
Javascript API, in a browser.

> I think it would be a very nice if that could be accomplished with MapServer
> too.

MapServer can't do the same thing in any practical manner.

--
Christohper Schmidt
OpenLayers Core Developer