SV: [mapserver-users] Mapserver consuming Google Maps

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Wed Aug 26 10:58:47 EDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 09:47:06AM -0500, Bob Basques wrote:
> All,
>
> The newest version of GeoMoose is built on top of OpenLayers, so if the OpenLayer LIB is able to directly access, then GeoMoose can too.  I'm not up on the OpenLayers particulars, but as I understand things, the OpenLayers read options were a big reason for incorporating OpenLayers into GeoMoose.
>
> Looks like some GeoMoose Demos need to be put together . . . .

I guess I don't understand something... I thought GeoMoose was a web-based
client. Most web-based clients should be able to consume Google Maps (as I
said); But non-web based clients (generally) can't. (There are exceptions
to this, even without violating the ToS, but they're the exception, rather
than the rule.)

Is GeoMoose a contradiction to that? Or is it instead just another
web client that can consume Google Maps without violating the ToS?

Best Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta