[mapserver-users] MapServer Oracle performance

micklesh micklesh at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 14:55:13 EDT 2009

Hi everyone.

I did some research and found a strange thing. Hope I'm wrong, but...

It seems to me that when mapserver fetches data from the database, all
parameters for "where" clause of the query string (for example coordinates
for MDSYS.SDO_ORDINATE_ARRAY() procedure) are string literals and not
oracle's bind variables.
This forces the DB to "hard parse" every query from mapserver. But hard
parse of the query is very CPU intensive process, so data fetching is slower
than it could be.
Can anyone confirm this, and if so, is there a workaround of such a problem?

Regards, Michael