[mapserver-users] About MapServer (future) features

Bob Basques Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Fri Aug 28 11:33:15 EDT 2009

All,

I still have this idea rolling around in the back of my mind as a to-do thing, just need to get a good (Strong) business need for it to happen here.  It's a chicken and egg sort of thing right now, I don't know for sure how we would end up using this, and need to get a service out there first and get some user feedback.`

The 2.5d (or 3D) viewing is obviously needed, and it's coming down to how to best handle the process, what are the best approaches.  I think it's going to require some experimental prototyping first to see what the possibilities are.  I'm available for project management of something like this if there are resources (money) available to work something up.  I also have a very good set of data to show something like this off to prospective users to the best degree.

bobb

>>> Brent Fraser <bfraser at geoanalytic.com> wrote:

There was some discussion along this line (if you are talking about a
perspective view) in the Mapserver-DEV list back around Feb 27/March 10
(http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/mapserver-dev/2008-March/006853.html)

Or search Google for "How to generate 3d image like GPS device"

Brent Fraser