[mapserver-users] Postgis tile index not working

Nelson Correia nelsonwc7 at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 29 13:46:55 EDT 2009

I forgot saying that the bbox column of table shapes is in projection 4326 and my image files are PNGs (my mapserver is supporting PNG).

Nelson

From: nelsonwc7 at hotmail.com
To: mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 17:11:59 +0000
Subject: [mapserver-users] Postgis tile index not working

Hi,

I'm trying to use a postgis layer as tile index of a raster layer and can't get it working.
Here are the layers I'm using:

        LAYER
                NAME "layer_tindex"
                TYPE POLYGON
                CONNECTIONTYPE POSTGIS
                CONNECTION "host=localhost port=5432 dbname=mydb user=myuser password=mypwd"
                DATA "bbox from shapes"
                CLASS
                        STYLE
                                OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
                        END
                END
        END
        LAYER
                NAME "layer_raster"
                TYPE RASTER
                STATUS DEFAULT
                DUMP TRUE
                TILEINDEX "layer_tindex"
                TILEITEM "image_path"
                PROJECTION
                        "init=epsg:4326"
                END
        END

When I make a request to Mapserver, everything gets into the image, except the images from the "layer_raster" layer. I can even see the bboxes if I turn on the layer "layer_tindex".

I can't find much documentation about this integration between Mapserver and Postgis, so tell me if I'm making some mistake.

By the way, I'm doing this with a Mapserver 5.2.1.

Thanks in advance,

Nelson