[mapserver-users] Mapserver compilation on SLES 11 fails ...

Michael Schulz mschulz at webgis.de
Thu Dec 3 05:35:15 EST 2009

Dear Mapservers,

currently a source compilation of a recent mapserver will fail on SuSE
Enterprise 11 with the following error:
ld: cannot find -lpgport

It seems that with SLES11 this library has been removed from the
repositories. After removing the linker flag from the makefiles the
compilation is successful. I'm just wondering if this library is
really needed or if we will be facing problems in the future? It seems
Slony also had this problem, and now the library has been readded to
the repos - but only for OpenSuse (see [1]). Hmpf.

Can someone comment on this, whether the lib is really needed?

Cheers, Michael

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/slony1-general@lists.slony.info/msg03318.html

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Aufwind durch Wissen!

Qualifizierte Open Source Schulungen bei der
http://www.foss-akademie.de/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Michael Schulz
mschulz at webgis.de

in medias res

+++ Bitte beachten Sie unsere neue Adresse und Durchwahl +++

Schwimmbadstraße 2
D-79100  Freiburg i. Br.

Tel:  +49 (0)761 705798-102
Tel:  +49 (0)761 705798-0
Fax: +49 (0)761 705798-09

+++ Bitte beachten Sie unsere neue Adresse und Durchwahl +++

http://www.webgis.de / http://www.zopecms.de