[mapserver-users] Raster layer data sources multiple projections

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Dec 7 16:11:21 EST 2009

Björn Harrtell wrote:
> Can one raster layer be served from multiple data sources for the same
> geographical area but in different projections? Cannot find any
> indication if so but I was hoping for undocumented features.. :)
>
> The use case is that we want one layer with optimal performance for
> several projections. On-the-fly reprojection is too slow and we don't
> want to split into several layers.

Björn,

I am not aware of any way to accomplish this within MapServer.

Potentially you could write an URL request interpreter that would
utilize different mapfiles depending on the coordinate system of the
request, or possible adapt the selected layer based on the coordinate
system.  But this is "front end" and not something MapServer is providing
any specific support for.

Best regards,