[mapserver-users] GetFeatureInfo request documentation

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Dec 8 16:31:52 EST 2009

Ted Spradley wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a working GetFeatureInfo request thanks to posts here on the list.  I
> notice various posts referring to documentation I am unable to find however.
> In particular, one post referred to "wms_<include|exclude>_items" and for
> the life of me I can not find any documentation referring to the particular
> "wms_include_items" metadata parameter.
>
> Am I missing something?  About the only detailed documentation I can find on
> the subject is http://mapserver.org/ogc/wms_server.html

The "wms_<include|exclude>_items" metadata are actually the same as the
"gml_<include|exclude>_items", just with a different prefix which means
that they are specific to the WMS protocol (applied to GetFeatureInfo in
GML format in this case) and not applied to GML generation in general.
You'll find docs for gml_include_items and gml_exclude_items in the same
document at:

http://www.mapserver.org/ogc/wms_server.html#layer-object-metadata

Daniel
--