[mapserver-users] GetFeatureInfo request documentation

Ted Spradley tspradley at snoogems.com
Tue Dec 8 17:07:50 EST 2009

Thanks much for the explanation Daniel!
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Daniel Morissette [via OSGeo.org]
  To: Ted Spradley
  Sent: Tuesday, December 08, 2009 3:32 PM
  Subject: Re: [mapserver-users] GetFeatureInfo request documentation

  Ted Spradley wrote:

  > Hi all,
  >
  > I have a working GetFeatureInfo request thanks to posts here on the list.  I
  > notice various posts referring to documentation I am unable to find however.
  > In particular, one post referred to "wms_<include|exclude>_items" and for
  > the life of me I can not find any documentation referring to the particular
  > "wms_include_items" metadata parameter.
  >
  > Am I missing something?  About the only detailed documentation I can find on
  > the subject is http://mapserver.org/ogc/wms_server.html

  The "wms_<include|exclude>_items" metadata are actually the same as the
  "gml_<include|exclude>_items", just with a different prefix which means
  that they are specific to the WMS protocol (applied to GetFeatureInfo in
  GML format in this case) and not applied to GML generation in general.
  You'll find docs for gml_include_items and gml_exclude_items in the same
  document at:

  http://www.mapserver.org/ogc/wms_server.html#layer-object-metadata

  Daniel
  --