[mapserver-users] mapscript does not use GRID information when reprojecting rect object

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Dec 8 22:16:19 EST 2009

francesco wrote:
> Hello I do not know if this it the right list to post, but I was
> wandering if any of you had trouble when using the "project()" function
> in mapscript (PHP). It does not use the grid file which is stated in the
> EPSG line in the epsg file inside the ...proj/nad directory.
> Reprojection of the map is wonderful, uses the grids, but script
> reproject of a rectangle object does not make use of the grids. I made
> sure of course that the epsg file which is read is the one I modified.
> Anyone had the same problem?

Yes, this is the right list. Unfortunately I don't think anyone is aware
of a good reason for the behavior you witnessed based on the information
that you provided. Can you share a small testcase to reproduce?

Could the issue be related to the PROJ_LIB setting that would be
different in the two cases that you test? For instance, it may be set as
a CONFIG option in the mapfile that renders properly, but not set in the
script that uses project()?

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette