[mapserver-users] Expression Syntax

Emiliano Castañeda emilianocastaneda at suremptec.com.ar
Thu Dec 10 15:13:18 EST 2009

Jay,

you must use FILTERITEM only for simple FILTER expressions (string
comparison only)
for example:
FILTER "2005" ->fieldvalue
FILTERITEM "year" ->fieldname

For Logical FILTER expressions you do not define FILTERITEM. In this case
you must place the FILTER between parentheses, and fieldnames between
brackets

for example:
FILTER ([field1]<4000 AND "[field2]"=="Museum") -->observe quotes on both
sides on text fields

See http://mapserver.org/mapfile/expressions.html#expressions for detail on
how to build logical expressions

Regards,
Emiliano
2009/12/10 Jay Kapalczynski <jkapalczynski at ci.maple-grove.mn.us>

>  I looked on map server website in the documentation and cant get the
> synstax correct
>

> I have two textboxes idOwner and idOwner2
>
> I am a bit confused on the FILTERITEM because I am trying to write the
> expression to include two fields.
>

> USE1_DESC and BLOCK are the two fields that form the query
>

>   LAYER # Parcels Owner Layer
>
>                     NAME 'Parcels'
>
>                     DATA 'parcels/parcels.shp'
>
>                     STATUS DEFAULT
>
>                     TYPE POLYGON
>
>                     METADATA
>
>                                 qstring_validation_pattern '.'
>
>                     END
>
>                     TEMPLATE 'parcels/itemquery_parcels_Owner.html'
>

>                     FILTERITEM 'USE1_DESC'
>

>                     FILTER (* WHERE USE1_DESC = '%idOwner%' and BLOCK =
> '%idOwner2%')
>

>   END

Ing. Emiliano Castañeda
SUR Emprendimientos Tecnológicos