[mapserver-users] How do I use ASRP maps in mapserver?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Dec 14 12:33:23 EST 2009

Alans wrote:

> Even Rouault wrote:
>> Alan,
>>
>> SRP driver has been added into GDAL SVN trunk a few months ago, so it
>> will be part of the GDAL 1.7.0 release.
>>

> It does not seem to matter which version of GDAL I try, gdalinfo MyFile.IMG
> always reports
> 'MyFile.IMG not recognised as a supported format'.
>
> The most recent version of GDAL that I tried was gdal-svn-trunk-2009.12.14.
> 'gdalinfo --version' reports 'GDAL 1.7.0dev, released 2008/11/26'. Where
> does this strange date come from?
>
> 'gdalinfo --formats' does list SRP as a supported format.
> srpdataset.cpp is present in the frmts/adrg directory.
>
> Just in case it is important, I had to configure GDAL with '--without
> -libtool' to get it to build on my system (SLES 10).

Alan,

I suspect there is something particular about your file(s) that is causing
problems for the driver, or perhaps you are missing some associated files.

Running gdalinfo with the --debug on switch might give some additional
information.

eg.

   gdalinfo --debug on A2976101.IMG

If that doesn't give any help, I would be willing to look into the problem
if you can provide the data to me.  I would appreciate an opportunity to
examine the data if it may reflect an issue with the driver.

Best regards,