[mapserver-users] Text transformation in MapServer expressions

Timbonicus Hansen timbonicus at realgo.com
Wed Dec 16 12:17:20 EST 2009

I'm using a PostGIS database as the DATA source for a mapfile layer and
rendering dynamic labels using MapServer expressions:
TEXT ([columnName])

I'd like the label to be uppercase, is there any way to transform the column
text using MapServer expressions, or to trick MapServer into selecting the
column with UPPER(columnName)? I'm fearful that this might mean reworking
how the whole process works and not using a simple mapfile approach any
more.

- Tim