[mapserver-users] Oracle Spatial layer has too many fields?

Josh Hevenor jhevenor at rogers.com
Wed Dec 16 12:21:26 EST 2009

Error:

I was adding new fields to an Oracle Spatial layer, now having 61 fields
defined with

    geom from (select * from spatialTable) using ...

Process

    $layer->qryByRect
    $layer->open
    For()
        $res=$layer->getResult
        $shp=$res->getShape    // Fails, line 637

Error
    Fatal error:  [MapServer Error]: msOracleSpatialLayerGetShape():
Error: ORA-00936: missing expression
    Query statement: SELECT field1, field2, field3,..., GEOM FROM
(select * from spatialTable in <b>C:\MSMap\genQuery.php</b> on line 637;

I feel this query is getting cut off.
If I redefine the layer using some specific subset of fields my query
works again

    GEOM from (select field1, field2, ..., fieldX, geom from
spatialTable)...    X < 61

The code is old and has run solidly for a long time. The fields are
new.  Is there a limit on the number of fields/query string length in
PHP mapscript?  Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Josh