[mapserver-users] Accessing mapserver from Flash Script

Ken S. Elvehjem ets1 at runestone.net
Sat Dec 19 21:02:53 EST 2009

Hi,

I have set up a Mapserver which serves up aerial photography.  Works better than "just great!"

Now, I'm trying to write some web/flash based software using the OpenLaszlo software.  This product allows me to write a "script" in a kind of XML, which then gets compiled to a Flash .swf file.

With this tool, I can set an image(JPEG) on my page from anywhere on the web, simply by using the correct URL.  However, I cannot understand how to create the URL to get a JPG file from the mapserver.  The troubleshooting data suggests that the problem is with an "unescaped ampersand (&) ... is there a way to escape this escape madness?

http://mapserver.soilsampling.com/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=c:\ms4w\Apache\htdocs\ND\ND_griggs-wms.map&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMap&LAYERS=NAIP2006&STYLES=&SRS=EPSG:4269&BBOX=554649,5245688,557949,5248988&WIDTH=1650&HEIGHT=1650&FORMAT=image/jpeg

This URL is also problematic, tho it's not a "MapServer" url:

http://cairo.gis.iastate.edu/server.cgi/Aerial.jpg?layer=naip_2007&zoom=1&X0=222375&y0=4744771&pwidth=858&pheight=738&format=jpg

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

sincerely,

Ken S. Elvehjem