[mapserver-users] How to render raster data using Oracle Georaster?

Ivan ivan.lucena at pmldnet.com
Thu Dec 31 10:44:27 EST 2009

Hi Xxj,

As I wrote before. There are code in Mapserver that wrongly assume that raster DATA is always file
based. The code is in mapstring.g lines 668 and 695. If you comment out those two lines I believe
you could make it work.

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/browser/trunk/mapserver/mapstring.c#L668
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/browser/trunk/mapserver/mapstring.c#L695

I would suggest you to file a bug report on that issue.

The thread that you mentioned was about another bug that I detected. Mapsever wasn't using GDAL
raster overviews at all. Not only GeoRaster. And it makes a big difference when displaying GeoRaster
to have Pyramids/Overviews properly supported as you can see also with Oracle's Mapviewer.

Best regards,

Ivan