[mapserver-users] CGI problem

Balázs Bámer bamerbalazs at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 17:00:59 EST 2009

Hi All,

I've compiled and installed Mapserver for CGI use. If I try it from browser like
http://web.address.hu/cgi-bin/proba?map=/var/www/proba/data/proba.map&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetCapabilities
it gives
Internal Server Error
with
Premature end of script headers
in Apache error log. It definitely finds the mapfile.

After some list archive investigations, I tried the command-line
method for inspecting output to see behind internal server errors:
root at Black:/var/log/mapserver# REQUEST_METHOD=GET
root at Black:/var/log/mapserver#
QUERY_STRING="map=/ext/home/rich/wrk/mapserver/freenavi/zoom0-5.rich.map&mode=map"
root at Black:/var/log/mapserver# /usr/lib/cgi-bin/mapserv
This script can only be used to decode form results and
should be initiated as a CGI process via a httpd server.

so it seems the mapserv called from command line didn't see the "query".

How could I debug it?

Thank you in advance.
Best regards: Balázs Bámer