[mapserver-users] exclude layer from wms capabilities

paalkr pal.kristensen at statkart.no
Wed Feb 4 05:19:12 EST 2009

Hi!

This issue has been discussed several times in the past. Se the links below
for some more information:
http://n2.nabble.com/Hiding-overviews-tt1970417.html#a1970417
http://n2.nabble.com/GetCapabilities-for-a-specific-layer%2C-not-the-entire-mapfile--tt1970666.html#a1970668

There is also a patch available which I have used with great success.
This patch has to be considered a quickfix, as long as the ticket below is
not resolved.

I really hope that this issue will be fixed for the 5.4 release. Some
people, you and me included, requests this functionality from time to time.
The issue is recognized as a bug and therefore should be fixed. I think the
best approach would be to take the MS_DELETE keyword into consideration when
requesting capabilities (as described in ticket 2582)

Regards,
Pål Kristensen